A couple of days ago I blogged on the top ten reasons for using the Global Courseware. If you read that blog, you might have been wondering why those top ten reasons would be important to homeschoolers. If you did ask that question, you’d be right, at least on some of them. I wrote that blog more specific to the schools that Global Student Network serves. But some of those top ten reasons for schools to use the Global Courseware are even more important for homeschoolers. So, I’ve edited that top ten list especially for homeschoolers.
Global Student Network (GSN) has been serving the homeschool community for nearly a decade by providing high quality online K-12 curriculum directly to homeschoolers. In 2012, GSN significantly enhanced it’s menu of online courses by investing in the best learning management and courseware system available to any users: the Global Courseware. There are many reasons why any homeschoolers should consider using this excellent curriculum, but I’ll list the top ten here. If you’d like more reasons, please check out our website at www.globalstudentnetwork.com
1. Research-based: The Global Courseware is the most well-researched online K-12 curriculum available. With over a decade of findings, this curriculum has consistently demonstrated its capacity for improving learning in math, language arts, science, and social studies. The Global Courseware assessments are aligned with the Lexile Framework for reading, and the Quantile Framework for Math, giving homeschoolers the tools to report student progress as aligned with state and national academic standards.
2. Individualized: The Global Courseware provides a process to assure that students are successful and receive needed instruction. The Global Courseware gives homeschool parents the ability to place their students at the appropriate grade level, prescribe appropriate instruction material, and track progress to determine if the interventions are working.
3. Mastery-Based Learning System: The Global Courseware solutions are based on a mastery-based learning approach that integrates assessment, prescription, instruction, and reporting. Student learning strengths and deficits are easily identified. For students with below-grade level deficits, parents can easily develop a skills development plan targeting those specific deficits.
4. Integrated Academic Assessments: The Global Courseware gets top marks for its series of comprehensive assessments that test students in five core curricular subject areas – Mathematics, Literature and the Arts, Writing, Science, and Social Sciences. Pretests pinpoint individual student skill deficiencies and automatically assign lessons that teach those skills. After students progress through the self-paced lesson material, post-tests measure and record academic gains, indicating whether students have displayed mastery of the lesson material.
5. College Readiness: The Global Courseware closes the college readiness gap with assessment and instruction that is aligned to the most popular course placement tests used by colleges and universities today. The College Readiness courses will help prepare your students to begin their postsecondary learning experience. Homeschool parents can take advantage of the user-friendly assessment capabilities and skill-refreshing coursework that the system offers.
6. Differentiated Instruction: We know that not all students are alike. That’s why the Global Courseware allows homeschool parents to customize teaching and learning approaches so that students have multiple options for taking in information and making sense of ideas. Parents have the flexibility to adjust the curriculum and presentation of information to students rather than expecting students to modify themselves for the curriculum.
7. Forecast Student Performance: The Global Courseware assessment tests and results are calibrated to The Lexile Framework for Reading and The Quantile Framework for Mathematics and are aligned to state standards and objectives. As a result, homeschool parents can place their students in the appropriate reading and math instructional materials and forecast how a student will perform on Lexile- or Quantile-aligned tests.
8. Comprehensive: The Global Courseware includes over 150 K-12 online courses, over 5,500 lessons, and 200,000 content pages of research and objective-based, problem-solving courseware – plus assessment, alignment, and curriculum alignment tools.
9. Effectiveness: The Global Courseware uses the proven instructional format of study, practice test, mastery test, and essay (or constructed response) to prepare students for the recovery of course credit or the prevention of course failure.
10. Flexible and Affordable. Global Student Network has been committed to provide high quality, flexible, and affordable curriculum to home, private, and public schools for nearly a decade. The GSN upgrade to the Global Courseware resulted in more licensing flexibility and better pricing for homeschool families.
Global Student Network also offers a variety of other online courses, and there are excellent reasons why you might choose them as well. You can view our entire menu of over 450 online K-12 courses on our website. However, in terms of value, effectiveness, and flexibility, the Global Courseware is by far-and-away, the best online curriculum available today. We hope that you will choose Global Student Network as your online curriculum provider, whether you have 1 student, or hundreds. Global Student Network is committed to providing equity in access to the best online courses available.
Copyright © 2013 J. Hoffman / GSN (NV)
“If you liked this post – Great!! Please ask before you re-post. Thanks!”