Online Education Benefits Schools and School Districts
In 2016, schools and educators are using technology and e-learning opportunities to extend the traditional classroom community using Web-based platforms to discuss homework, post assignments and interact with peers as they work on projects. Digital learning tools offer increased flexibility to students, teachers and administrators, further facilitating a school’s ability to meet the needs of each student’s unique learning style.
Global Student Network (GSN) offers over 2,000 online courses to public schools, charter schools and private schools. All of these courses were created to serve individual learners working either inside or outside the traditional K-12 education system, or as a hybrid “blend” of classroom and online instruction in the areas of:
- Drop-out prevention – Use of online curriculum can help school districts alleviate problems associated with student retention, drop-out reduction, and loss of revenue due to drop-outs. GSN’s middle school and high school online courses provide a pathway to success for student who are in need of credit retrieval options, do not function well within the traditional education format, or whose work schedules do not mesh with public school schedules.
- Serving long term suspension and expulsion students – GSN offers digital learning programs for use with students who are in danger of long term suspension or expulsion from public schools. Depending on district policies, a school may be able to assist students who may be suspended or expelled by enrolling them in GSN’s digital learning programs while they are still enrolled in public school.
- Providing additional curriculum choices for small and rural school districts –GSN’s online programming allows small and rural school district to provide higher-level courses and additional electives without the budget pressure related to hiring additional staff.
- Incarcerated/At-Risk students – Many schools and school districts have found that GSN’s online programs in language arts, math, science, social studies, health and life skills provide an excellent, comprehensive way for school districts to offer equal and diverse educational opportunities to both incarcerated and non-incarcerated, at-risk students.
- Special Needs Students – Public, charter and private schools are often challenged, programmatically and financially, to find ways to best serve this population. GSN’s online education programs have been used successfully by numerous school districts looking for ways to serve their special needs student populations.
- Summer School Options – GSN offers 365-days service contracts with unlimited course availability, making the GSN choice ideal for summer school students. School districts have the option of saving budget dollars using GSN’s online summer school programming in lieu of organizing a costly bricks-and-mortar summer school program.