With Promethean™ boards in the classrooms and iPads for student use, technology is becoming more and more prominent in the educational landscape. One tool of educational technology for which schools are reaching in greater number is curriculum provided online. Administrators, teachers and students are finding the interactive platform, immediate feedback, and mastery-based learning an appealing format.
How To Supplement Education With Online Courses
Here are six ways schools are using online curriculum –
- Blended Learning – As its name implies, blended learning takes the best of traditional instruction and complements it with online learning. As a result, students benefit from both teacher-directed activities as well as one-on-one instruction tailored to their individual needs.
- School Credit Recovery – When a secondary student needs to re-take a course, online curriculum offers feasible options without the hassles of course scheduling logistics.
- Gifted Students – Because it is self-paced, online curriculum is ideal for gifted students who need a challenge, wish to excel, or have a particular interest.
- Remediation – The mastery-based format of online curriculum affords students the extra practice and instruction specific to their needs. Online curriculum allows the teacher to see a clear picture of each student’s level of mastery; informing his/her instruction.
- Staffing Solutions – Implementing online curriculum means schools can offer a host of courses and electives without a host of specialized teachers.
- Summer School – Schools find online curriculum to be the solution for meeting student learning, staffing, and budgetary requirements involved in summer school.
4 Benefits of Using Online Curriculum for Schools
Unlike most online curriculum providers, Global Student Network offers a variety of programs from which schools can choose.
Here are four reasons why schools choose the Global Student Network for their online curriculum needs –
- Meets Standards – Several of our options meet national, state, and or common core standards.
- No Student Minimums – GSN accommodates schools of any size.
- Student Learning Success – Self-paced, mastery-based learning promotes motivation and effective learning.
- Cost-effective – Contact a representative for details specific to your needs.