Formative Assessments designed to help parents answer the most fundamental questions:
- What level is my student in reading and math?
- What instruction will best benefit my student?
- Is my student progressing?
The Global Courseware Universal Screenings provides homeschool parents an authentic and validated tool to measure student’s existing knowledge, comprehension, and mastery of skills in reading and mathematics.
Placement: How do I really know the level of my student’s performance?
- The Global Courseware Universal Screening tool enables parents to place students at the appropriate grade level
- Online screening and immediate feedback allow for early and appropriate placement
- Students can be matched with specific material they can read successfully, and be challenged for the next level.
Prescription: What do I teach to ensure my student is successful?
- Alignment with the Lexile and Quantile content allows for simple and targeted intervention
- Universal Screening results provide adaptive prescription approaches that automatically recommend appropriate instruction using GSN courses and programs.
- Parents can improve their student’s learning progress by closing the appropriate materials.
Progress: How do I know if my student is learning?
- Tests are administered pre and post school year
- Results are aligned with state standards and reported on a recognized developmental scale.
- Parents can track progress on the same scale used by many states and high-stakes tests.