Global Student Network (GSN), a provider of state-of-the-art online educational tools since 2004, provides a wide variety of personalized learning tools that can be utilized as an alternative to “one-size-fits-all” instructional approaches often used in public schools. GSN’s selection of digital technology options gives public, private, charter and homeschool teachers the opportunity to create personalized learning paths for each student and frees them to spend more time with individual students while the rest of the class works at its own pace on other projects or lessons.
“Personalized Learning” (sometimes known as “competency-based learning”), is focused on the general goals of:
- Assessing the learning needs and interests of each student, and
- Providing customized learning experiences for those students.
Teachers in personalized learning classrooms or schools work to create an atmosphere where each student receives the individual help they need, including guidance to assist them in developing the skills and talents they will require for success in college and/or career. Characteristics of personalized learning classrooms include, but may not be limited to:
- Self-paced learning – Students work with teachers to create a workable, individualized, learning path and then work at their own pace to complete daily goals and learning objectives. Once the student is able to demonstrate that they’ve mastered a skill set, they are free to move on to the next goal or receive additional help, if needed.
- Teachers periodically administer tests and assessments that provide specific information about whether a student is ready to move on to the next learning task or grade level.
- Teachers are empowered through the use of technology to expand the amount of learning resources available to their students.
- Through the use of real-time, data-driven assessments and evaluations, teachers are able to work with the student to assist them in modifying their learning styles and habits so they can move into a self-paced, master-based approach to their own goals.
Global Student Network offers a variety of learning resources that provide a wide range of digital lesson plans and instructional tools in multiple formats – all designed to increase student engagement and motivation. Through the use of one or more of GSN’s eight (8) complete K-12 learning packages, parents, teachers and students are able to leverage digital technology to create the right individual approach for each learner.
Positive aspects of a GSN personalized approach to learning include:
- The ability for teachers to help struggling students while, at the same time, engaging gifted learners;
- The availability of student data collection tools that teachers can use to collect and track student progress data to help them achieve their personalized learning outcomes;
- The use of learning technology gives a teacher more time to spend with individual students and small groups;
- Computer learning tools that can function as a “digital partner” for existing staff; and
- Students are able to work at different paces and in different learning areas without affecting the pace of other students.
Click here to see all the student-centered, personalized learning solutions GSN offers to school districts, teachers, students and parents. Visit our website at: www.globalstudentnetwork.com or call us toll free at: 866-446-9963.